Monday, May 18, 2009

Lightning and hellos and deadlines, oh my!

Hello! It's my first time blogging here so let me introduce myself.

I am Alessandra, the new Associate Editor. I am excited to be settling into to my new desk, learning the ropes and the happenings around here. One of the things I am still getting used to is Indiana Summer rainstorms. Just last week I was jumping out of my chair nearly every 5 minutes due to the thunder and lightning. I swear thunder is louder in Indiana.

I've also been enjoying reading the submissions again. Speaking up submissions there are two important announcements:

1) We'll be closing Poetry and Non-Fiction submission on June 1st 2009 -- so if you've been hanging to your submissions, hesitate no longer--mail or click and send us your work!

2) June 1st also marks the deadline of our 1/2k prize with Final Judge Lydia Davis!!! Click here for the guidelines. Contests are so exciting. You too can join in the party!

I have been thinking about starting my Quote of the Day collection, so in honor of QoTD I leave you with the inspirational musings of Teddy Roosevelt:

Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.


No comments: